Knowledge Base Detail
Category Name > Support
Change setup from Local to Network
- Start by locating your local SIM database folder. Not sure? Run SIM and note the path shown at the bottom left corner of the Login form.
- Create a new folder on the same fileserver that stores your TAS data (inside the same data share is ideal)
- Copy the 9 files found in the first folder to the second folder
- Open Registry Editor (Start > Run > regedit)
- For 32-bit operating systems find HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > Software > InfoplexSIM > Paths
- For 64-bit operating systems it is HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > Software > Wow6432Node > InfoplexSIM > Paths
- Double-click the LocalFileDDF key – delete its contents so that it reads as blank
- Double-click the NetFileDDF key – enter the path to the new folder on the server
- Close Registry Editor
- You should now be able to login to SIM
- Refresh each of the TAS Companies information using Tools > TAS Companies > Configure > Refresh
You will need to make this change if you receive Pervasive status 161 when logging in to SIM.
Status 161 errors are due to not enough Pervasive licences on your local computer.
Last update: 26/11/2015